If you're like me, you're so ready for Fall to arrive. Changing weather and surroundings call for a transition in your makeup routine as well. As a makeup artist, I understand the importance of adjusting your makeup per season. In this blog post, I will share some tips and tricks to help transition your makeup routine for Fall. This guide is perfect for new makeup artists or anyone interested in applying their own makeup.
1. Switch Up Your Foundation: One of the most important things to consider when switching seasons is changing your foundation. As the weather cools down, your skin may become drier than usual, so switch to a foundation that offers a more hydrating formula. I also recommend looking into hydrating skincare like a serum with hylauronic acid as well as some refreshing facial mists. My favorite is Mario Badescu Herbal Hydrating Serum.
2. Play With Warmer Tones: Fall is all about warm shades! It's time to set aside those bright and bold summer shades and switch to the warm tones of fall. Think the colors of Falling leaves like browns, oranges, and deep reds. Experiment with eyeshadows, blushes and lipsticks to create that perfect autumn look.
3. Experiment with Statement Lip Colors: Fall is the perfect time to experiment with deeper lipstick shades like wine tones and browns are also so in - think "latte makeup". Lipstick is a quick way to switch up your makeup routine, and there's no better time to do it than in the fall season. Keep it interesting by pairing it with a deeper lip liner to give contrast or experiment with a different finish like metallic or gloss
4. Go Matte - There's something about Fall that calls for more subdued, matte tones. Try experimenting with a matte lipstick in a Fall friendly shade. Just make sure to exfoliate and hydrate your lips first so that lip application is smooth. Some of my favorite matte lipsticks are from Ofra Cosmetics.
5. Set It and Forget It - With more sweaters and cooler weather clothing, we definitely don't want makeup rubbing off. My current favorite long lasting product is Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Setting Spray. I spray it before and after my makeup routine to make sure my makeup lasts and is transfer resistant.
As you can see, transitioning your makeup routine to fall doesn't have to be complicated. Just remember to switch up your foundation, play with warm tones, highlight, have bold brows, and experiment with statement lip colors. I hope you found this guide helpful, and happy fall makeup season!
If you're in Atlanta, and want to get together and book your own glam session hit me up! I do makeup shopper sessions and private makeup lessons - my most popular service. Happy Fall Glamming!